Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mozzarella Sticks


You've dreamed about them, have them, or wish you did.  Beautiful, delicious, awesome Italian side dishes, the inside gooey and melty and full of cheese, the outside coated in bread crumbs, all dipped in mariana sauce.
Why am I so cruel?  Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but don't worry!  I have a few more things to post about, I just have been so busy lately! 
So, instead of eating out one day after watching the musical The Secret Garden on Thursday, we got some frozen French fries and chicken nuggets and bought some mozzarella sticks for a treat for lunch.  Well, they were so good but WAY expensive!  So on a lonely Saturday, I looked up the recipe for mozzarella sticks and I was so happy when I discovered all the ingredients!  Make them.  They are FABULOUS!



Mozzarella Sticks

  1. 2 eggs, beaten 

  1. 1/4 cup water 

  2. 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs 

  3. 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt 

  4. 2/3 cup all-purpose flour 

  5. 1/3 cup cornstarch 

  6. 1 quart oil for deep frying 

  7. 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese sticks



  1. In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.
  2. Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl. In a medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.
  3. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).

  4. One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs (arrange it like above) and finally into the oil (I had my mom do this). Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.


So I made them and they were AWESOME but the only problem was that instead of adding the right amount of salt I added HALF A CUP.  No joke!  Haha!  They were quite nasty!  :)  But if you make them right, they'll taste amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment