Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Pirate Sisters


I really liked my Clara and the Nutcracker story, but it wasn't working for me so I changed it to the 'The Pirate Sisters!'

So, basically, it is about four girls:  Victoria (Tori); Isabella (Bella); Elizabeth (Lizzy); and Brielle (Bree) Bensen.  They are all sisters, and are wild.  Their mother and father love them, but they are worried that they shall never be married right, so they send them to London to their stuffy Aunt Victoria's boarding school for 'Proper English Young Ladies.'  But, along the way, their ship gets attacked by pirates that take them for ransom!
Tori falls in love with the handsome and young Captain Adam Steele, when suddenly their ship is attacked by Captain Kelley, the most ruthless pirate in all the seas.  He wants the map that Tori got from an old, strange salior.

It is actually pretty good and I love writing it!  It takes place in the beautiful Caribbean.  I really, really, really want to go there someday!


So that is my novel that I won with for NaNoWriMo.  I haven't finished it yet, but so far I do have 27,636 words, which is really good!  And this time, it has structure!  The novel that I won with last year--the Endless Golden Sands Race which is about a horse in a fantasy world--I just wrote a lot of 'fluff.'  This time, it was way better!  Though, I have to admit, I just reached the climax in my novel!

Below I have the cover, the prologue, and a lovely drawing of Tori which a girl on NaNo drew for me!

This is the cover I made.  It is bigger, I just couldn't find it on my computer!  Don't you just love that blue in the Caribbean sea?  Ah....

This is a drawing that the lovely Vikipedia drew for me on the YWP NaNoWriMo site!  It is a picture of Tori.  Isn't she awesome looking?  I still need to do my own drawing of her, but I love her in this!  So determined.  Here is Vikipedia's Character Drawing Shop:  http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/node/1340764


All right, and now for the prologue of my novel.  Maybe I will post the first chapter if I get a single comment!  I just love comments!  

Now, do not steal this story or idea.  All the ideas, names, and characters are mine, and if the names belong to you, it was completely accidental and unintentional.  I have never heard of a Victoria Bensen.  There will also be a few grammar mistakes, perhaps, but please just ignore them and enjoy the story!

Thank you so much for reading! :)
-OWNN/Madeline


Prologue



            The mother walked along, stumbling.
            She was a beautiful creature.  Long light brown hair, beautiful kind blue eyes, and a fair face.  Though she was beautiful, she walked with an heir of authority, and had a determination in her eyes.
            Her long hair was scraggly and dirty, her neck and body were covered with purple bruises, and her once beautiful, brilliant, bright red dress in the latest English fashion was torn and muddy, frayed at the bottom.  But she kept on walking, holding the bundle close to her chest.
            Inside the bundle was her son.  He was very young and innocent, but she was worried for his safety, for his father would surely beat him as she beat her.
            She had ran away from him when they landed on the island.  She had managed to build a raft in the night and escape to the nearby island, Amicia.  She had been working all day, and she had nothing to drink, and her milk was weak.  Soon the baby would wake up and be crying, but since she had nothing to eat she couldn’t feed the nursing milk to the twelve month old baby boy.
            Fall had started, and even though it was always warm in the Caribbean, a cold wind swept by, and the woman shivered.
            But she was almost there.  
           
            A few hours later it was dusk.  The sun was setting, creating a magnificent portrait of golden and orange and pink and purple across the sparkling darkening waters of the Caribbean. 
            She paused and looked at the bluff and down at the sea.  Yes, her son would do well her, the people she was giving him to, she knew they were good and rich and would raise him as a servant boy.
            She then rounded the hill and there was the mansion.  It was a magnificent thing, three stories high made out of solid cream colored marble, overlooking the sea on the bluff.  It was huge with lots of balconies and greenhouses, and was a sight to behold.
            She walked up and up the steep bluff, and walked up the marble steps.
            She set down the baby gently on the steps, he was still asleep, but when she him down in front of the solid wooden door that must of been imported from America, he squirmed and began to wave his tiny fists and cry.
            She felt a deep longing in her heart.  She couldn’t leave her baby!  But she knew it would be best.  With tears welling in her eyes, she leaned over and planted a kiss on his soft, baby skin forehead.  “I love you.  You’ll be safe.  Remember who you are, William.”
            She then reached into the front of dress and pulled out a wrinkled piece of paper.  The parchment was old and yellowed, yet still firm.  It was ripped on all corners, as if it had been part of a map but had been ripped apart.  She took out the charcoal stub and wrote a quick note on the back of the parchment. 
            The baby began to cry louder, and she was hearing voices from inside the house.  Frantically, she finished the note, placed it on the crying baby, and whispered goodbye, before she disappeared in the dusk.  She never saw him again.



No comments:

Post a Comment