Saturday, August 31, 2013

Favorite Songs to Write With

I don't really write to songs, unless they are classical.  Celtic Woman (The Voice, Caledonia, May It Be, The Sky and the Dawn and the SunSpanish Lady) and Howard Shore are the best!

But, when you are writing cute romance novels (aka, Popstar Love) I learned that pop songs give you lots of great ideas!  Here are my favorites:

I Want It That Way-Backstreet Boys This is the best!

As Long As You Love Me-Backstreet Boys

Stay Stay/Love Story/Red/You Belong With Me/Today Was a Fairytale-Taylor Swift The last one is my favorite for writing!

Solo/Replay-Iyaz

Beautiful Soul-Jesse McCartney

One Time/Mistletoe/Pray (really sweet video)/One Less Lonely Girl/Love Me-Justin Bieber

Call Me Maybe-Carly Rae Jepsen

Hold Your Light Up-Conlon Bonner

Good Time-Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen

My Heart Will Go On-Celine Dion  For those times when you have to cry...

David Archuleta:
Something 'Bout Love
Crush
Don't Run Away

And of course One Direction...hehe!
I Would, Up All Night (# 1 song on my iPod!) One Thing, Irresistible, Loved You FirstThey Don't Know About Us, Stole My Heart, I Wish, Nobody ComparesEverything About You
The last few inspired my Popstar Love novel.  :)

So, do you have any favorite songs you love to write to?  Leave them in the comments!
-Maddie



No comments:

Post a Comment