Friday, November 9, 2012

About NaNoWriMo

Wow!  I can't believe it is already November!

And that means, NANOWRIMO!!!!!!

Now, for those of you who don't know what that is, it is an awesome, amazing program that gets people to write an entire novel--all in one month!

It actually stands for National (Na) Novel (No) Writing (Wri) Month (Mo).  So therefore it is called NaNoWriMo!

It is an awesome, amazing website that I love!  Last year I did it and it was awesome!  I wrote 25,000 words about a horse that lives in the desert!  Now, 25,000 doesn't seem like a lot since Percy Jackson and the Lighting Theif is about 75,000 words, but it still is a lot, especially with your first novel!

This year I am doing 30,000 words, if I can get my schoolwork done in time!

If you are 0-18, this is the site you want to go to:  http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/

If you are above 18 you can sign up on this one, where you have to write at least 50,000 words, instead of whatever wordcount you want for the YWP (Young Writer's Program) one: http://nanowrimo.org/

So, basically what you do is you get an account and sign up with your email (be sure it is one you use, and I promise, they send you no junk mail!), write a bit about yourself (optional), look around the site on the forums, and when November comes, you open up that blank notebook or that new blank Word document, and you wonder how in the world you are going to write a novel all in one month!

Sounds crazy right?  But it is actually quite fun and easy to do!  And, you know what the best parts are?  You write an entire novel in a month, you get bragging rights for the rest of your life, and if you reach that wordcount goal you get FIVE FREE PAPERBACKS OF YOUR NOVEL!  Isn't that awesome?  :D

If you really love writing and have time in November (even though it is already 21 days into it), then I suggest you sign up on this website!

If you sign up for YWP NaNoWriMo, you can find me on there as OneWithNoName!  Be sure to friend me and NaNo Mail me!


I will post again soon about NaNoWriMo, but until then, bye!

-OWNN/Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment